Renovation Québec is a financial assistance framework program for municipalities that wish to develop housing improvement programs in rundown residential areas.
If your municipality is a Renovation Québec Program participant, you may qualify for financial assistance if you own a residential building located in a sector covered by the municipality’s program and meet its eligibility criteria.
Other conditions may also apply.
Each municipality may elect to include any or all of the following types of work in its program:
1. Residential renovations for low-income families
- Repairs of major defects in a dwelling or residential building
2. Housing work
- Residential renovation
- Minor or major repairs to a residential building or to the residential portion of a dual-purpose building
- Refinishing of the exterior facade
- Repairs of defects that may compromise the safety of the building’s residents
- Renovation or addition of dwellings
- Renovation of architectural elements
- Residential construction
- Construction of a new dwelling or demolition and reconstruction of a building to transform it into a residential building
- Conversion of all or part of a non-residential building into dwellings
- Home adaptation
- Renovation of a residential building or dwelling to meet the needs of a disabled person or a person with diminishing independence
- Home ownership
- Financial assistance for owner-occupiers wishing to purchase a principal residence
- AccèsLogis Québec supplement
- Additional financial assistance for AccèsLogis Québec projects that meet the Rénovation Québec program’s objectives
The program is administered by the Société d’habitation du Québec, in conjunction with the municipalities.
If your municipality is a Renovation Québec Program participant and you wish to apply for assistance, you must first contact the municipality for details of its program conditions, i.e. the sectors covered, the type of work admissible for assistance, etc.
For further information
Contact your municipality, your RCM or the Société d'habitation du Québec.